Wednesday, November 2, 2016

This email was sent by Sister Welker on October 31st.  We received it on October 30th.

Week 12: Trunk-or-Treat, Less-Active at the Beach, and Exchanges

First of all I just wanted to say Happy Halloween!! I hope you all have a fun and safe night with lots of sweets and lollies.  :)

I actually got to do some Trick-or-Treating of my own.  Our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat (it's like trick-or-treating but with the trunk of your car instead of houses) activity this last Friday and both my companion and I dressed up.  For having a limited closet, I think we did a pretty good job.  I dressed up as Rapunzel, and my companion dressed up as Cruella De Vil.  I even found little flowers and made a flower chain to stick in my hair--and I couldn't forget about the frying pan. ;)

The other two highlights of my week would have definitely been exchanges, and finding a less-active member at the beach.

For exchanges, I was with Sister Marsh in my area.  We went to go visit a less-active member in the Mount Ward.  Whenever we've visited her in the past, she's either not home or just too busy.  So I was quite surprised when she invited us in and talked with us.  She is one of the cutest people ever!!  Her family is from Nepal but they've been here in New Zealand for I think a couple years now.  She loves to dance, she's studying Hair and Beauty, and wants to learn how to bake.  Sister Marsh also wants to study Hair and Beauty, so she was able to relate with her easier than I could.  We scheduled to meet with her again this Friday, and make peanut-butter kiss cookies!! :D

Saturday, we went to the Mount and talked to people on the beach about the gospel (I know hard life right). ;)  Anyway, we talked with this young lady who turned out to be related to one of the members in the High Council in our stake.  She hasn't been to church ever since her grandparents passed away.  When we talked with her, she cried and explained how she felt it was a sign from God that she needed to go back to church! :)

Sorry for not responding to emails last week.  I got locked out of my email account shortly after sending my weekly updates.  I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Sister Welker


No comments:

Post a Comment