Sunday, January 1, 2017

This email was sent by Sister Welker on December 12th.  We received it on December 11th.

Week 18: The Three Sister Nephites

It's been such a fun, busy, crazy week!!

Monday I had to say good-bye to Sister Johnson.  It was a hard good-bye.  Everyone here in New Zealand loves Sister Johnson and misses her so much!!  I loved having her as my companion.  Her bright, sun-like, singing, always happy personality will be terribly missed!!  We had so many crazy adventures, life was never boring with Sister Johnson.  I'm glad to know that she is home safe and sound.  I'm happy for her family and wish her the best of luck as she heads off to school at BYU.  She's gonna make an amazing music teacher and I'm so excited for her.  Love you so much Sister Johnson!! <3

I'm now in a trio with the Te Puke sisters,  Sister Lewis and Sister Reynolds.  They are so much fun to serve around, and they're such a great example to me.  Sister Lewis is from Southern Utah, and loves riding horses.  She is practically the only girl in her family and is definitely a daddy's girl.  She is such a cool missionary.  She's always working hard and has a talent for getting to know those we teach.  She's been out for a while and will be leaving for home in February.

Sister Reynolds also loves horses.  She's from a little town in Idaho and has a HUGE farm.  Sister Reynolds has actually already finished her schooling at BYU Idaho.  She's the second youngest of 8!!  She is also an amazing missionary.  She has a talent for being in tune with the spirit and she's also really good at talking with others.  

I only have these crazies for two more weeks so we're gonna make the most of it!!  We may or may not have some fun pranks up are sleeves.  Oh and we'd also prefer it, if you'd refer to ourselves as the 3 Sister Nephites, just saying ;).  There's been both some cool miracles and funny memories already, including finding out more of our less-actives past, and squiriting the elders with a water gun as they drove passed us.  We even went shopping and were left with only baby seater carts, so I guess you could say we're a happy trio expecting twins hahah jokes.  It's gonna be a fun couple weeks!!

Thanks so much for all the support, love and prayers.  I hope we all take time to remember the true meaning of Christmas and try our best to become more like Christ this holiday season.  I love and miss you all so much.  I'm so grateful for the chance I have to serve a mission and share Christ's gospel with New Zealand.  Hope you all have a good week and I'll email you again next week.

Sister Mandy Welker 


No comments:

Post a Comment