Sunday, August 20, 2017

This email was sent by Sister Welker on July 17th.  We received it on July 16th.

Week 49: Ice Cream in the Winter, and Trunky Transfer

Nothing super exciting this week.

You know you're a weird person when you're wrapped up in a winter coat and scarf and walk into a shop and ask for ice cream.  We got the weirdest looks, haha.  What kind of a person eats ice cream when it's freezing cold outside?  Either way, it was TOTALLY worth it and supper yummy!!

Mission life is pretty slow right now.  We have little to no investigators and little motivation to tract out in the cold, so we spend most of our time working with members and less-active members.  Hopefully, it's making a difference in their lives.  If not, guess we'll just keep visiting them anyway haha.  You never know what difference you could be making in someone's life.

One of our less-active members invited us over for dinner on Saturday.  Usually we only see her on Wednesdays, so we were surprised but we agreed to come back.  When we came back on Saturday, she told us of a video she watched on patience with marshmallows.  I knew that she must have been on lds.org watching Mormon messages, and was excited that she was even on the website at all.  While at the same time, we had the movie "Prince of Egypt," playing in the background (which is a very good movie by the way).  Sadly, we can't watch it while on our mission, but this less-active sister told us of how she was explaining to her kids what was happening and why Moses was fighting with his brother and stuff like that.  So that was exciting!! Then by the end of dinner, she asked us "What time is church?"  I was super excited!! I would have never thought she would ever ask that question.  She didn't make any promises, but that fact that she wants to come (even if she didn't come yesterday), is really a big improvement for her!!

And transfers are next week.  I'm 200% sure I'm getting transferred.  It's rare for someone to be with a companion for as long as Sister C and I have been together, and I've also been in the area for 6 months which is usually the max for someone to stay in one area.  I have no idea where I'm gonna go.  I keep guessing the South Island or the Cook Islands but that's out of mission, haha.  So I'm not sure where I'm gonna go, but I'll go whereever the Lord wants me to.

Hope you have a good week.

Sister Welker 


Ice Cream in the Winter

Inline image 2
What winter looks like in New Zealand.  Trust me--it doesn't look cold, but it's cold!!

Inline image 3
And my companion LOVES bananas so I decided to make her this one morning.  She loved it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment