Sunday, October 23, 2016

This email was sent by Sister Welker on October 24th.  We received it on October 23rd.

Week 11: 6 out of 6, and Trust in God

It's been a good week!!

Tuesday nights we have rescue visits, which is where members meet us at the chapel to come out and do missionary work.  If enough members show up, then we can split up and do twice as much missionary work.  This last Tuesday, we had 6 missionaries and 6 members show up.  So we were able to do 6 visits instead of just 3.  Our visit was exactly what that individual needed.  She just needed someone she could relate to and the member I brought was the perfect person.  When we all meet back at the chapel, we discovered all 6 of the visits were a HUGE success!!  So hopefully we can have another successful rescue visit this next week.

Wednesday night we had an exchange with the Te Puke sisters, where I went to Te Puke for a day while Sister Reynolds went with my companion to my area.  That night, we had a family home evening with a family of three boys about faith.  We were lucky that they were able to sit still for that long. ;)  Sister Lewis had a great acronym for the word faith to go along with the lesson.  F - firm believe, A - accept and act, I - increase knowledge, T - trust (I think), and H - heal.  We even got to play soccer with them for a few minuets before it was time for dinner. 

The next morning (Thursday) we actually went to one of my less active members.  The funny thing is that the Te Puke sisters called my less active thinking it was one of their less active members, and set an appointment with her.  Not sure how they got her number, but it was all meant to be.  It turned out to be my favorite lesson on my mission so far!!  We taught her about trusting God and how we can't survive without God.  The lesson was so good we left her in tears. 

That's about it for this week.  Thanks again for all your e-mails, prayers and love.  I look forward to Mondays, when I get to read your e-mails.  Once again, I apologize if I don't respond to all your emails.  I read every single one of them, but I don't always have time to respond.  I miss you all so much.  I hope you all have a good week. 

Until next week,

Sister Welker




No comments:

Post a Comment