Monday, May 29, 2017

This email was sent by Sister Welker on May 29th.  We received it on May 28th.

Week 42: Someone Else's Shoes and Road Trip to Hamilton

Sadly, I don't have heaps of time, but don't worry nothing super exciting happened this week.

We went on exchanges with the Mountford Sisters.  I stayed in my area with Sister Ventayen, and my companion went to Mountford with Sister Yuson.  The theme was "Stepping inside someone else's shoes."  Each missionary switched shoes with their assigned companions and had them focus on trying to get to know their companion and trying to picture what it would be like to be in their shoes (literally haha).  It was a really neat experience and gave me the chance to imagine what it would be like to be in another person's shoes.  It had to be one of the craziest exchanges, but I really loved it.  It helped me to see that all the missionaries within the Hamilton New Zealand Mission are truly family.  That we are all concerned for each other, and and want to make sure we are OK and safe. 

We are on our way to Hamilton today to make a switch with our car.  They need to fix ours and we're going to switch it out for a different one temporarily.  So my companion and I will be on another random road trip!!!  I can't wait!! :D

Hope you all have a good week.

Sister Mandy Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment