Sunday, October 22, 2017

This email was sent by Sister Welker on October 16th.  We received it on October 15th.

Week 62?  Cold Water, and Bike Beside the Sea

Sorry if my last weekly email didn't send.  I do remember writing one, and I thought I sent it, but I can't find it anywhere in my email.  Must have disappeared in space :(

Regardless life is great!! We had another baptism this week!! I'll call her Macy for now.  Macy was close friends with the YSA here in the New Plymouth Branch.  She had attended a number of YSA activities.  At one point she went to the temple with the rest of the YSA and felt the spirit there.  The spirit was so strong that she turned to her friends and asked how she could join the church.  Sixish weeks later, we've taught her all the lessons and she was baptized earlier this week!!  The only sad part is that the heater to our font is broken, so my companion and I attempted to heat up the font by hooking a hose up to a sink and turning the hot water on and then boiling water and dumping it into the font.  We didn't test the water before she went into the font but she came up shivering.  So she got baptized in cold water. :(  At least we tried to warm it up for her.

My companion can now start driving!!?!?  Scary!!  I'm the one that needs to coach her how to drive on the other side of the road.  Luckily, she's a natural and there's not much I have to worry about.  I've teased her that the only way I'll let her pass, is if she can drive to the chapel by herself, and if she remembers to lock the car haha.  She'll be taking her test this week.

For PDAY today we decided to bike to emailing.  There's a walkway here in town that's called the coastal walkway, and it's basically this long sidewalk that is right along the beach side so you get to bike or walk and watch the waves at the same time.  It's amazing!!  I'll probably be super sore tomorrow though.  I hardly ever bike as a missionary.  I'm lazy and just use the car, haha. 

We'll that's about if for this week.  And sorry again that my last email disappeared somewhere. :(

Thanks again for all your love and support!! You all mean the world to me.

Sister Mandy Welker

"One small act from the heart really is better than a thousand grand intentions." ~ Anonymous, "Family First," 1992, 21. 
Biking along the Coastal Walkway.


We finally saw Mount Taranaki!! Haven't seen it in like over a week

White Bridge!! Don't judge our hair--it was super windy!!

Another Baptism!! :D

Our heater for the baptismal font is broken so we boiled pitchers of water and dumped them in all morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment