Sunday, September 18, 2016

This email was sent by Sister Welker on September 12th.  We received it on September 11th.

Week 5: All by myself, Hiked the Mount, and Wrong Groceries

This week there wasn't anything too crazy or unique, but there was definitely some fun stories.

Last Monday after emailing, all the sisters in our district went to hike the Mount Manganoli (I think I spelled that wrong).  We were debating whether we should cancel our plans since it had been raining off and on that day, but we decided to go anyway.  Near the beginning of the hike there were fields on either side with sheep just hanging out.  There wasn't even fences to keep them in a certain area.  They would just walk right in front of us with their babies following behind them.  It was SO CUTE!!!  Then shortly after it began pouring, and it kept pouring till we reached the top of the mount.  How convenient right?  But the view was AMAZING!!  You could see all of Welcome Bay and the ocean surrounding it.  Sister Johnson says that there are people in the Mount ward that hike the mount everyday.  Cool right!?!? The hike only took about 30 mins and compared to hiking the Y, it wasn't that bad at all.  I'll attach some pictures, I just hope you'll be able to see them.

We also went grocery shopping last Monday, and man do I love the way Sister Johnson shops!! We get in, get what we need, and get out.  It's the best!!  Anyway, we were getting some fruit and I ran ahead to grab some bananas.  Once I found some good ones, I brought them back and put them in the cart, and realized that my companion was on the other side, and that I had put my bananas in some gentlemen's cart.  The gentlemen started taking his things out of the cart as if to offer me his cart instead, but I just laughed and told him "Sorry wrong cart". 

This week was MLC (Mission Leadership Council), and since my companion is the Sister Training Leader for my area, she and the other training leaders left for Hamilton on Tuesday and left me all by myself.  Jokes--I had Sister Green's companion for the day but that left me to lead the area by myself.  Luckily I didn't lead the area too far astray. ;)  I actually did better than I thought I would and we got a couple return appointments. 

Other than that it's been a pretty normal week.  I have pictures of a cool map, and of one morning that we went running to the beach, and of the hike so I'll attach those below.  I hope you'll be able to see them. 

Hope that you all had a good week and I'll talk to you again next week.  Be sure that if you just want to read my emails or get updates you can follow my blog mandywelker.myblogspot.com.  If not, I love reading all your emails.  I'll do my best to respond to as many as I can. 

Sister Welker




No comments:

Post a Comment