Sunday, September 25, 2016

This email was sent by Sister Welker on September 26th.  We received it on September 25th.

Week 7: Waterfall, My First Zone Conference, 7 days of rain, and DRIVING!!!!

It was a rough week, but we are still working hard, and doing it all with a smile on our faces. 

Last Monday, we hiked a waterfall for P-day.  Actually there were two waterfalls, one of them was like a little stream with rocks and the other was a little water fall that was hidden along a path only about 20-30 ft tall, but it was still way fun!!

Poor Sister Johnson was sick for the first half of this week.  She had an upset tummy and even had to stay at the flat (New Zealand for apartment) for one night.  She's doing much better now!!

I had my 1st Zone Conference this week!!  It was fun to see the other missionaries that I knew at the MTC and have President Cummings speak to us.  It was like my spiritual boost for the week.

It's been raining everyday this week.  I don't mind--I like the rain and it reminds me of my mom cause she LOVES the rain, but most people don't like the rain here.  Even Sister Johnson who's from Nevada, doesn't like the rain either, which is saying a lot since in Nevada if it rains it's a big deal and everyone will run outside and play for about 20 min until the rain leaves.  I just try and tell my companion that "rain is simile weather," but she doesn't believe me yet.

On a good note I started driving!!!  It's actually not that bad once you figure out how to use the round-a-bouts (which is way nicer than the lights we have in the states).  I'll definitely miss those when I go back home.  I get quizzed/tested tonight and then I'll be official and can drive on my own.

We have a couple of really good people that are really close to baptism, they just need a little more time.  I'll be sure to let you guys know how that goes.  Other than that, that's about it here.  I hope you've had a great week and would love to hear all about it.  I'm sorry if I don't get to respond to every email.  I only have 90 minutes on the computer.  

Hope you have a great week,

Sister Welker

Inline image 3

Inline image 2

Inline image 1  

No comments:

Post a Comment