Friday, March 31, 2017

This email was sent by Sister Welker on March 20th.  We received it on March 19th.

Week 32: Baptism!!

I've never met a happier person in my life.  So when I saw the happiest person get baptized, I didn't think it was possible for her to be happier, but she was!  You could tell she was filled with indescribable joy, that is hard to explain.  She's truly happy.  Happiness that could only be found through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She has been a blessing in my life, and I'm grateful that I had the chance to teach her the gospel.  She is what every missionary dreams of.  She'd been taught by her sister and knew the gospel already.  When we came over to teach her, it was basically review for her.  She had a burning desire to be together with her family forever, and when we told her how that's possible, she was sold.  She wanted to get baptized and if she could have, she would have gotten baptized that day!!

We spent the rest of the day at the chapel for another baptism in our area and for a ward activity with a bouncy castle included!!!! ( I may or may not have gotten inside the bouncy castle with my companion haha) It was a really cool way to celebrate having a new member added to the ward.   

Transfers are this week and sadly, we think my companion, Sister Garbutt, is getting transferred.  She's been here in Alfriston for 5 months.  We won't know where she will go till Tuesday night, but I'll be sure to let you know what the transfer news is.

Thanks again for your love and prayers.  Have the best week ever!!

Sister Welker





Oh and the picture with me in a recycle bin was when we did service at a members house hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment