Sunday, December 10, 2017

This email was sent by Sister Welker on November 13th.  We received it on November 12th.  It is an account from one week ago (November 6th).

Week 65: Closed & Fireside 

My deepest apologies for not emailing last week. :(  I was in the middle of writing my weekly email when we were kicked off our computer.  The library closed and the computers were programmed to shut down when the library closed.  The email I prepared wasn't even saved as a draft, so I'll have to do my best to summarize as best as I can.

The highlight of last week was definitely our video fireside.  We came up with our fireside originally about a month ago, but it was placed on the back burner since we were focused on our baptism instead.  We had spent most of that week preparing for the fireside.  The theme of the fireside was, He Lives.  We had three speakers and asked each speaker to share their testimony on HOW they know their Redeemer lives.  I think all of us know that our Redeemer lives, but we wanted to know HOW they know that he lives.  In between each speaker we watched videos all focused on the Savior.  We made hand-made invitations and spent a good time coloring them. :D And we also designed a beautiful program to go with it as well.  We had an amazing turn out and even had 4 visitors attend.  So in our eyes in was definitely a success!!

Video 3-  (sorry can't find the link right now)


I loved the fireside so much I'm tempted to suggest the idea to my home ward.

Sister Mandy Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment